Friday, July 5, 2019

MINI GOLF TRADITION



My husband Steven and son Alex and I were headed back to the car after a fabulous round of mini golf.
“I can't believe you got two hole-in-ones!” Alex said as he climbed in the back seat.
I couldn't hide my smile, I was grinning from ear to ear. “I can't believe it either! That was so much fun!”
Steven had walked the clubs back to the golf shop and was headed back to the car. “You know, traditionally when you get a hole in one you buy everyone in the clubhouse a drink!” he said as he opened the car door.
I looked over at the snack bar attached to golf shop and gave a sigh of relief when I saw the closed sign. “Lucky for me it's closed.” I said, pointing my thumb in the direction of the sign. “And we were playing mini golf. I'm pretty sure that doesn't count.”
Steven nodded his head in agreement as he got in the car. “You're right. In mini golf you have to buy ice cream for everyone in your group.”
Alex looked over at me and smiled. “Sounds good to me! Seeing that you got two, I'm thinking you should buy us each two ice creams!”
“Oh, come on!” I laughed. “There's no way you could eat two!”
Alex shrugged his shoulders. “I'm just saying.”
As I pulled out of the parking lot I looked up and down the street. “Where's the closest ice cream store from here?”
Steven held up his phone. “I've already Googled it! Make a right at the light and it's about two miles down the road.”
While we were driving a smile crept over my face again. Alex tipped his head from the back seat. “Still loving the fact that you got two?” he asked.
“It was pretty cool.” I said.
“We should play again next week.” Alex tapped Steven on the shoulder. “What do you think? Again next week?”
“NO!” I cried. “I'm never going to play again!”
Steven looked over at me a confused looked on his face. “What? Why?”
“Because I'll never get two hole in ones again! The pressure's too much. I'm quitting while I'm ahead!” I put my blinker on when I saw the ice cream shop coming up.
“Are you serious?” Alex laughed from the back seat.
“Completely!” I said as I parked the car. “What if I play again and I don't get any hole-in-ones? You two will think today was just luck. This way I'm leaving the game as a pro.” I looked back at Alex as he opened his car door. “You know I'm at the Top of My Game.” I added.
Steven started to laugh. “At the Top of Your Game.”
“I really think she's serious.” Alex said.

No comments:

Post a Comment