Thursday, July 11, 2019

DIPPING DILEMMA



It was early Sunday morning when I got a text from my sister Liz. She'd sent a screen shot of a question I'd posted on the Netherlands Facebook group saying:
'Vacationed in the Netherlands last year and loved it!!! Was wondering exactly what was in the Mayo you dip your fries in? I can't find anything like it in the States.'
My sister texted: “Here's a screen shot of the post (says it was posted 5 hours ago, which would be 3:00 AM!) You didn't post this did you?”
My answer was “I did!!!” Than I called her.
When she picked up she didn't even say hello but went right into, “You were up at 3 o'clock in the morning thinking about mayonnaise?”
I had to laugh. “No, I posted it around 7 last night, I guess the moderator didn't approve it until then.”
“Okay, that makes me feel better.” I could hear the relief in her voice. “What made you think about their mayonnaise?”
“I was out with Alex yesterday and we stopped at McDonald's to grab a quick snack and he was dipping his fries in ketchup.” I shook my head in disgust just thinking about it. “I was telling him about how good the mayo was on our trip and that he'd never want to dip his fries in anything else once he tried it!”
“It was good.” Liz admitted.
“It was better than good!” I cried. “It was awesome!”
Liz laughed. “Okay. I haven't checked your post, did you get any responses?”
“Oh my gosh, yes!” I put my earpiece in so I could go to Facebook and read her the replies. “Everyone was so nice. I got dozens of replies! It's called fritessaus which means fries sauce! So many of responses were links to places I could order some!”
Just then my son Alex came into the room. “Are you still talking about mayonnaise on french fries?” He couldn't help but laugh.
“It's not mayonnaise!” I called over my shoulder. “It's called fritessaus and it's going to change your life!”
My sister Liz couldn't help but laugh on the other end of my phone. “It's going to change his life?”
I shrugged my shoulder. “Okay maybe that's going too far. But I ordered some and its coming in the mail tomorrow!”
Liz laughed again. “You paid for next day delivery?”
“They offered it for free! I sure wasn't going to turn that down!”
Alex came back into the room shaking his head. “You get excited about the weirdest stuff.”
Just then the doorbell rang. I looked out the window and saw the UPS truck at the curb. “Oh my gosh!” I looked over at Alex. “Could you go get the package he just left? I wonder if it's my fritessaus?”
My sister Liz was still on the phone. “Didn't you just order it a few hours ago?”
“Yeah.” I sighed.

No comments:

Post a Comment