Friday, July 19, 2019

SNITCHES



I'd been away for a few days and when I returned I was thrilled that I came back to a clean kitchen.
“Thanks guys!” I said to my husband Steven and son Alex. “I was afraid I'd come back to a sink full of dishes!”
“Hey, we clean up after ourselves!” Steven said as he kissed me on the cheek and headed to his office.
Alex went to lay on the couch while I put the kettle on to make a cup of tea. I was getting a cup out of the cabinet when I happened to notice my dual soap dispenser, next to the sink, was missing one of the bottles.
“Hey, what happened to the soap dispenser?” I called out. No one answered. I looked around the corner where Alex was laying on the couch. “Do you know where the other soap dispenser went?”
Alex had his eyes closed.
“Oh, come on! You're not asleep!”
Alex laughed. “Okay, fine. I'm awake.”
I looked at him for a moment, but he still didn't answer me. So I asked again. “Do you know where the other soap dispenser went?”
Alex shook is head. “I'm no snitch.”
I burst out laughing. “Are you kidding me?” I cried.
“Snitches get stitches.”
Just then Steven came back into the room. “Alex won't give up what happened to the other soap dispenser. He just informed me that snitches get stitches.”
Steven looked over at him and smiled. “I broke it the other day. I was cleaning out a pot and it slipped out of my hand and broke in the sink.”
“Why'd you take it out of the caddy?” I asked. “I just squeeze some into my hand than hold my hand over the pot and run the warm water over that.”
“Clearly we wash dishes differently.”
“I guess.” I sighed. “But I really liked that setup.” I pulled out my phone and went to the Amazon link. “I'll just go on our recent orders list and get another one.” After a few clicks I was disappointed again. “Oh, man. It's out of stock and they don't know if they'll be getting it again.” I looked at Steven. “I just got that one two months ago! I can't believe it's already discontinued!”
“Maybe you should find one made out of plastic instead.” Steven suggested.
I crinkled my nose. “The plastic one's are so ugly.” I began scrolling through the site looking for something similar. “Besides, it's not like we have small children around and can't have something made of glass.”
“Suit yourself.” Steven said. “But you saw how long that one lasted. What do you think the chances are for another glass one?”
I looked over at Alex who shrugged his shoulders. “He's right. I think we need to stay away from the new one, you know just to be safe.”

No comments:

Post a Comment