Friday, February 2, 2018

ORGANIZED CHAOS


I opened my side of our bedroom closet and a pair of sweatpants tumbled down from my top shelf. I bent over, scooped them up and tossed them back on the shelf.
“Are you serious?” Steven asked as he walked out of the bathroom in time to see me tossing the sweatpants.
“What?” I looked over my shoulder pretending I didn't know what he was talking about. But I knew.
“Your side of our closet is a disaster!” he went over to his side, opened the door and swept his hand up and down like he was a game show host showing off prizes. “Why can't your side look more like this?”
I looked at his top shelf where his sweats were neatly folded and stacked practically in color order. All of his shirts were hung facing in the same direction while his pants were in their own section.
“Yours does look better.” I admitted. “But I know where everything is so it really doesn't matter what my side looks like, does it?”
“Really?” Steven seemed doubtful.
As if on cue the sweatpants, I'd just tossed back up on the shelf, fell down again. I looked at Steven then reached down and scooped them up again. “I consider this organized chaos.” I said as I tossed them back on the shelf where they finally stayed put.
“Organized chaos?” Steven started to laugh. “That's what you call that?” he pointed to my pile of shoes that were in a jumble on the floor.
“Exactly.” I reached down into the pile and pulled out my sneakers.” “See I knew exactly where they were.”
“So your empty shoe rack is just getting in the way of your organization?”
I nodded. “Now you're getting it.” I reached into my already opened sock drawer and pulled out a pair of socks. Holding them up for him to see. “I didn't even have to waste time opening the drawer.”
Steven sat down on the bench at the end of our bed. “I just don't get it.” he said shaking his head and looking confused.
“What don't you get?” I sat down next to him and started putting on my socks.
“The whole house is in order. Everything has a place.” He looked around our room. “The bed is made, nothing laying on the floor.”
“So what's your point?” I was tying my sneakers.
“So how can the entire house look one way but your closet looks like a hoarder lives here.”
“Hey!” I pushed him in his shoulder. “Not a closet of a hoarder...but someone who embraces organized chaos!” I reminded him.
I got up and looked out our bedroom window. “I'm going to take a quick walk before dinner. You want to come?”
“No thanks.” He got up himself still looking at my side of the closet.
“Here, let me help you.” I went over and with one foot pushed the shoes back into their pile so I could close the door. “That's the reason they invented doors!” I pushed it closed then looked back at Steven. “See all better.” I waved my hand around the room where everything was in it's place.

“I still know what's behind the door.” Steven said as he shook his head.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my god! This felt like you were writing my story :D
    Cannot wait to read more <3 <3

    pickypenguinmama.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. 😂😂 I'm so glad you felt that way! Thanks so much for reading!

    ReplyDelete