Friday, April 19, 2019

SHARE YOUR MEMORIES



I'd clicked on my Facebook account and the first thing that popped up was a picture I'd taken the year before on a trip my sister and I had taken to the Netherlands. “Oh, my gosh! I can't believe its already been a year!” I cried to myself.
I went to find the photo album I'd put together so I could enjoy the whole experience again. The album held 300 pictures so I needed both hands as I grabbed it off the shelf. I went back to the couch to settle in and revisit my trip.
Just then my son Alex walked past me.
“Hey!” I called as I patted the cushion next to me. “Want to look at the photos with me?”
Alex looked over his shoulder. I could only assume he was hoping I was talking to someone else. When he realized I was talking to him he shrugged his shoulders. “Um-mm, not really.”
“Oh, come on!” I cried and patted the couch cushion again. “It'll be fun! I promise!”
My husband Steven came around the corner. “I have to run to a job site.” he said as he headed the front door. He looked at Alex. “You want to take a ride?”
Alex couldn't help but smile. “Sure!”
“Oh, man!” I looked over at Steven. “He was going to look at my photos with me!”
Steven laughed and looked at Alex. “Looks like I just saved you! You're welcome.”
“Hey!” I cried.
Alex came over and kissed me on the top of my head. “Love you, but I gotta' go.”
As soon as they left I began looking through the album but, I really wanted to share it with someone.
I picked up my phone and called my sister Liz.
When she answered I didn't even give her a chance to say “Hi”. “Do you know it's a year ago today that we landed in Amsterdam?” I asked.
“Wow, that year sure went by fast.”
“I know! So I have my photo album here and I was wondering if you wanted to look at the pictures with me?”
“You put your photo album together already?” I could hear her sigh. “I haven't even figured out what photos I want to put in my book.”
“Oh, I don't do photo albums like you.” I corrected. My sister put together very elaborate books through Shutterfly. “Mine's in a album that hold 300 pictures.”
“Oh, you just dumped then in one of those albums.” She sounded revealed.
“Hey! I wouldn't say dump! I very lovingly placed each one in it's plastic sleeve.”
Liz laughed. “So how am I going to see your pictures?”
“Let's FaceTime!” I looked on my phone and tapped the FaceTime picture. “Nothing's happening.” I said. I was confused. “Does yours work?”
Liz seemed confused too. “Mine won't let me Facetime with you. Do you have it shut off in your settings?”
I shrugged my shoulders. “I don't know. I've never used it.” I went in my settings. “Got it!” I held the phone over the album. “Remember we went to Anne Franks Annex on the first day?”
“Yup.”
I moved the phone to the next photo. “Remember this is where we ate lunch?”
“I remember.”
I turned the phone around so I could see her. “Are you really looking at the pictures?”
Liz laughed. “Yes!”
“Okay, because you don't sound as excited as I am to relive this trip!” I turned the phone around so she could see the photos again. “Only 298 more photos to go!” I thought I heard a small sigh but I choose to ignore it. “Remember all the houseboats?”

No comments:

Post a Comment