Friday, September 21, 2018

STRESS WEIGHT



I was in the bathroom, getting ready to get in the shower when I hopped on the scale. Looking down at the number I burst out laughing.
My husband, Steven was in the bedroom getting dressed when he heard me and came to the door and knocked. “You okay in there?”
I put on my robe and opened the door. I was still laughing as I wiped a tear from my cheek. “You know how it's always so stressful the first week or so of school?”
Steven looked confused. “Yeah...”
“Well this year has been more so than usual.” I was leaned against the door jam while Steven went to the closet to get his shoes. “I've been running around and forgetting to eat.” I went over to sit on the edge of the bed. “So this morning I was going to weigh myself, thinking at least I'd have lost some weight and it would be the silver lining of a crazy week.” I watched as Steven sat on the bench at the end of our bed so he could put his shoes on.
“Okay, so how much did you lose?”
“That's the part that was making me laugh so hard.” I started to chuckle again. “I didn't lose any. In fact I gained a pound!” I started laughing again. “So now on top of everything else I must be sleep eating because I'm telling you I wasn't eating much all week!”
“Oh that happened to me once.” Steven bent over to tie his shoes.
“Having a busy week, forgetting to eat and gaining weight?”
Steven turned around to look at me. “No, sleep eating. Remember the time I went to the dentist and they gave me all of that Novocaine and I couldn't eat dinner. But I got up in the middle of the night and ate all kinds of things?”
“Oh yeah.” It was starting to come back to me. “I remember I came down the next morning and the hummus container was out on the counter and there was an apple with a knife in it laying on the table.”
“Then when I came into the kitchen and you asked me why I'd left the hummus out and I said it wasn't me?”
“Yeah.” I started to laugh again. “Then I pointed to your tee shirt that had hummus on it!”
“I couldn't deny it then, but it sure scared me because I swear, to this day, I don't remember doing it.” Steven just shook his head.
“Well at least we realized it was the Novocaine!” I looked over at him. “What's my excuse?”
Steven looked at me his eyebrows going up, looking as if he was about to get trapped. “I think you're beautiful no matter what you weigh.” he said quickly.
“Good answer.” I said as I leaned over and kissed the top of his head. I couldn't help but laugh as I headed back to the bathroom.
He got up from the bench and grabbed my arm to pull me into a hug. “Have an easy day.” He gave me a quick kiss. “I'll meet you back at house around dinnertime.” He headed towards the bedroom door before he stopped at turned around. “By the way, what's for dinner?”
“I'm making meatloaf.”
“Sounds good.” He smiled as he headed out.
I closed the bathroom door and looked down at the scale with disgust. “I hate you.” I whispered.

No comments:

Post a Comment