Thursday, April 12, 2018

TRACKING VAN GOGH



“I can't believe this!” I was looking at my phone when Steven came into the room.
“What can't you believe?”
“My Van Gogh art book was shipped from the Museum yesterday in Amsterdam and I'm going to be getting it today!” I held up my phone to prove my point. “I'm tracking the shipping carrier.”
“That's nice.” Steven said as he walked into the kitchen.
I followed him. “Come on! This is so wild!” I skimmed through the delivery feed. “It left the Netherlands last night and arrived in Germany in the middle of the night. Now it's in New York!” I looked back at Steven. “You've got to admit that's crazy fast!”
Steven didn't seem impressed. “You don't shop online much, do you?” He took a glass out of the cabinet and went to the refrigerator to fill it with water. “If you did more Amazon shopping you wouldn't be as impressed.”
“But this is international shopping!” I leaned against the counter. “I can't send a birthday card to the next town and have it get there the next day.”
Steven started to laugh. “Why didn't you just buy the art book when you're visiting the Museum with your sister next week?” He finished his drink and put the glass in the sink.
“Dishwasher's dirty.” I reminded him.
Steven looked at the front of the dishwasher where the sign said “Clean”. “Really?”
“Sorry about that.” I leaned over and moved the sign to “Dirty”. “But the reason I had it sent here was because I didn't want the weight in the luggage. I had no idea that it would get here the next day!”
I looked back on my phone and sighed. “It's still being processed in New York.”
Steven patted my arm as he walked passed me. “Don't worry, it will be here by the end of the day.”
“Did I tell you they're having a special exhibit called 'Van Gogh and Japan' while we're there?” I was still tracking my purchase while I was talking.
“Yes.” Steven laughed. “A few times.”
“I'm so excited! I can't believe I'm really going!”
Alex walked into the kitchen. “Are you getting excited for your trip?” He looked at Steven and started to laugh.
“I'm tracking my art book from the Van Gogh Museum!” I looked back at my phone. “It's on it's way to New Jersey!” I cried. “They just sent it last night from Amsterdam!”
Alex started to laugh. “You know, overnight shipping has been happening for quite some time now.” He looked over at Steven, still laughing.
“Hey, she's excited.” he shrugged his shoulders. “I would be too if I was going on her trip.”
“Sisters are great, aren't they?” I had to laugh myself. “Especially ones that like to travel!”
A few hours later the doorbell rang.
“It's here!” I cried. “It's here!” I ran to the door and opened it. The delivery man was all smiles as he handed it to me. “Thank you!” I cried.
By now Alex was next to me. “You sure look happy.”
“I am!” I placed the package on the chair and took out my phone. “I wonder if it says it's been delivered yet?” I scrolled through the delivery summary. “Yup! It says it's been delivered!” I looked out the window. “And he hasn't even pulled away from the curb yet!” I turned back to Alex. “Isn't it amazing!” I picked up the package and cradled it in my arms. “Just think, this was in Amsterdam just yesterday!”
Alex shook his head. “I can't believe you're more excited about tracking your book, then actually getting it.”
“Not true.” I began unwrapping my new purchase. “I'm equally excited about both!”

No comments:

Post a Comment