Friday, December 8, 2017

THE PHONE'S FAULT


“What are you up to today?” my husband Steven asked as he passed through the living room where I was cuddled up on the couch playing a game of Solitaire on my phone.
“Oh, I have a long list of things I have to get done today.” I said as I reached for my cup of tea and took a sip. “I want to get a few things at the mall, then go grocery shopping, laundry and I promised Alex I'd bake a cake for dessert tonight.” I pulled my robe tighter around my neck and settled back to finish my game. “I just want to finish this last hand of Solitaire.”
“Well you better get started soon if you're going to get all that done in one day.” Steven sat down next to me a reached for the newspaper.
“I know. That's why I got up early today.” I put my phone down next to me and leaned back to stretch out my back.
“Well, it not early anymore.” Steven nodded over to the clock on the table.
I glanced over. “Eleven-thirty! Are you kidding me!” I sat up and squinted to make sure I was seeing the right time. “What happened to the morning?”
Steven laughed as he picked up my phone, took a quick look at it, then held it up for me to see. “Well, seeing that your battery is almost dead I'm going to say you were busy on your phone.”
I took the phone from him and checked it myself. “It can't be.” But sure enough the battery had a little sliver of red left. “Wow.” I shook my head.
Steven shrugged his shoulders. “That's a lot of time playing Solitaire.”
“Hey, even I couldn't play Solitaire for three hours.” I countered.
“So what else have you been doing on your phone?” he asked as he looked over the front page of the paper.
I thought about it for a moment. “Well, when I first got up, before I even got out of bed, I checked my e-mail. Then I moved on to Facebook to see what everyone's been up to since I went to sleep...”
Steven nodded. “Ah hum.”
“Then I checked my Horoscope App to see what kind of day I'm going to have.”
Steven looked confused. “Do you really believe in that?”
“Well, no.” I shrugged my shoulders. “Not really, but it's always nice when it tells me I'm going to have a good day.”
Steven finished scanning the newspaper, dropped it back on the coffee table, and looked over at me. “Well you better get going if you want to get to all the things on your list done today.”
“You're right.” I picked up my teacup and brought it out into the kitchen, then went back into the living room to scoop my phone up off the coffee table along with it's charger. “I'm going in to take a shower.”
“If you're going to take a shower, why do you need your phone?”
“Because I'm going to charge it in there and play another hand or two of Solitaire while the shower's heating up.” I said as I slipped the phone and charger into the pocket of my bathrobe.
Steven groaned. “Great. An hour from now you'll still be playing Solitaire in there and all the hot water will be gone.”
I smiled and I put one hand on my heart and the other up in the air. “I swear I'll only play two hands while the water gets warm.”
Steven didn't seem convinced. “I'll check on you in five minutes to make sure.”

I shrugged my shoulders and knew I really couldn't argue with him. “Yeah, maybe you should.” I admitted.

2 comments:

  1. Your post are really funny. Love to read them. XXROSE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Rose! I appreciate you reading them!

    ReplyDelete