Thursday, June 8, 2017

MIND GAMES


“It's happening!” I cried. “This is the second time today that I forgot where I put my car keys!”
I was searching the counter tops moving canisters and the toaster, but not finding them.
“Aren't they in the basket?” Steven asked as he came into the kitchen to help me.
I held out the empty basket where the keys were usually kept. “Nope.”
“Where did you have them last?” he asked.
I thought about it for a minute. “Well, I had to have them when I came in from grocery shopping.” I reasoned.
Steven looked out the front window. “Maybe you left them in the car?”
I shook my head. “No, because I had to unlock the front door to bring the groceries in.” I kept searching the counter top.
Steven had gone to the front door. “Found them!” he called.
“Oh great!” I went to the front hall, thinking that I'd dropped them on the table in the entry hall.
Steven was standing with the front door open, pointing to my keys hanging from the lock.
“Oh, come on!” I reached over and pulled them out of the lock. “Who does that?”
“You.” Steven laughed as he closed the door.
“I'm serious, Steven. I'm having way too many senior moments.” I tossed the keys in the basket on the counter.
Steven shrugged his shoulders. “Maybe you need to exercise your brain?”
“What?” I laughed. “Constant worry isn't exercising it enough?”
Steven laughed as he opened the refrigerator, took the container of pineapple out, grabbed a fork from the drawer and stabbed a chunk from the container. “That's why I do crossword puzzles.” He popped a piece in his mouth.
“I hate crossword puzzles.” I grumbled. “I can never seem to finish one.”
“They aren’t the only brain games.” he reminded me.
“I know, I tried Sudoku but that was a giant fail!”
“What about search-a-word?” he stabbed another piece.
“I thought those were for kids?” I leaned against the counter and took the fork from him, stabbing my own piece of pineapple and popping it in my mouth before handing him back the fork.
“They make them for adults.”
I shook my head, I wasn't feeling the search-a-word angle.
“You could learn a new language?” he suggested.
“I barley passed Spanish in high school.” I complained.
“Learn an instrument?”
“Started the ukulele.” Shook my head. “Lost interest.” I said sadly.
Steven tossed the fork in the sink and went to put the pineapple back in the refrigerator. “I don't know what to tell you?” he leaned back against the counter. “Oh, by the way, do you know where my blue suit is?”
“It's in the downstairs closet, left hand side, still in the dry cleaners bag.” I was a little confused. “Why do you need your suit?”

“I don't need it.” He said with a laugh as he walked pass me and gave me a quick kiss on the cheek. “But now you know you still have a great memory.”  

2 comments:

  1. I love these little personal type blogs. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Vicki! I appreciate you reading it!

    ReplyDelete