Friday, April 21, 2017

COLORSTROLOGY

Steven and I were sitting on the couch, channel surfing, when Steven noticed a book on the coffee table. He reached over and held it up, “Colorstrology?”
“A girlfriend gave it to me.” I took the book out of his hand and began flipping through. “There's a different color for each day.” I explained. “You look up your birthday and find out what your color is.” I showed him my color. “Mine's Iris.” I shrugged my shoulders. “Not my favorite color but at least I like my month color!” I showed him the Coral Blush color swatch. “Pretty, right?”
Steven looked confused. “So what are you suppose to do after you find out your color?”
“Well,” I flipped to the front of the book. “It says you need to incorporate your color into your life through art, clothing or décor.” I looked up and smiled at him. “So if I wear something Iris it's going to help me reach my goals!”
Steven looked even more confused. “But you just told me you don't like your color.”
“That's where my month color comes in handy. I already own pink!”
“I thought you said it was Coral Blush.”
I showed him the swatch again. “It's pink.”
Steven just shook his head. “Do you really believe this stuff?”
I was flipping through the book. “Not really, it's just fun.” I stopped at our son, Alex's birthday. “Lyons Blue, wow that's bright!” I flipped to his month color. “That's not much better.” I thought about it for a moment. “Maybe I could work that color in a throw pillow for him.”
“Are you serious?”
“Why not try it? If it doesn't work...” I shrugged my shoulders. “then it doesn't work. But if it helps, why not?”
Steven started to laugh. “So you've given up on following your horoscope and now it's all about the colors?”
“Nope, I still read my horoscope every day.” I smiled. “In fact, today's said I was going to discover new things!” I held up the book to prove my point. “It's amazing how right it was.”
Steven looked surprised. “So you do believe in this stuff!”
“No, it's just for fun.” I repeated, then flipped through the book until I reached his birthday. “Wow, this is one tough color.” I turned the book for him to see. “Muted Clay. That's going to be tough to incorporate in your wardrobe.”
Steven laughed. “I'm not wearing that color.”
“Wait a minute!” I flipped the pages. “We have another chance with your month color!” I smiled as I turned the page for him to see. “Aqua! That's a great color on you!”
“I think I already have a shirt that color.” Steven said.
“See, you've been following the doctrine of Colorstrology all along, you just never knew it!”
Steven shook his head, “Now you're going to tell me my horoscope said I should be open to learning new things.”
“No, I read your horoscope this morning and it actually said that you shouldn't be so quick to judge others.”
Steven seemed doubtful. “Seriously?”
“Naw,” I had to laugh. “I just made that up.” I reached over and picked my phone up from the coffee table. “But I could look yours up for you if you want me to.”

Steven shook his head. “No thanks, I'm good. I'll stick with the aqua shirt I already own to bring me luck.”

No comments:

Post a Comment