Friday, February 3, 2017

DINNER FOR TWO

Steven came into the kitchen, “Something sure smells good!” he leaned over my shoulder to see what was cooking.
“The roast has been in the oven since three.” I lifted the lid and peeked into the pot. “These potatoes should be ready to mash in a few minutes. Then I'll make some gravy from the drippings and a green salad and dinner will be ready!”
“Sounds good to me.” Steven went over to the cabinet. “I'll set the table for us.” He pulled two plates out and headed for the table.
“Why are you only putting out two plates?” I asked. “Aren't the boys eating with us?”
“They both told me they were going out.”
“Are you kidding me!”
“No.” Steven shrugged his shoulders. “I thought they told you.”

“Well they didn't!” I looked back at the stove. “I've been cooking all afternoon and nobody's going to be eating?”

No comments:

Post a Comment