Friday, July 21, 2017

LAUNDRY DAY EVERYDAY


I walked into the laundry room and saw the laundry basket overflowing with clothes. “Oh come on! I thought I caught up with the laundry yesterday!” I cried as I began sorting the dirty clothes into piles.
“Are you talking to me?” my husband Steven called.
“I am if you're the one who dumped all the dirty clothes in here!”
Steven came to the door. “I only threw in what I used when I showered this morning.”
By now I had three separate piles. I held up a pair of my son Alex's shorts. “I'm pretty sure I know who did this.”
Steven backed out of the doorway and headed to his office. “Hey, I'm just glad it wasn't me.” he called over his shoulder.
“ALEX!” I called up the stairs.
“What?”
“Didn't I ask you to put your dirty clothes in the laundry room yesterday?” By now Alex was at the head of the stairs.
“I did.” he stood there looking confused.
“Yesterday?”
“Oh...um...maybe it was this morning.” He gave me his most charming smile. “Sorry.”
“Nope, not going to work.” I said motioning for him to follow me. “I would have done it for you yesterday but now you get to do it yourself.”
I was pretty sure I could hear a slight moan behind me as Alex followed me. “I don't want to hear any complaining.” I cautioned. “I'm tired of having to do laundry everyday. It's about time you did your own.” By now we were both walking into the laundry room.
Steven was already there taping up a sign on the shelf over the washing machine. When he saw me coming he pointed to the sign. “I made this for you.” he said than smiled.
In bold print the sign read: HAVE YOU EVER LOOKED AT THE LAST FEW LOADS OF LAUNDRY AND CONSIDERED JUST THROWING THEM AWAY?

“Amen to that!” I said looking at Alex, then down at his three piles of dirty clothes. “That's exactly what I was thinking when I came in here this morning! I adjusted the sign so it was centered on the shelf. “I think I just might go out and get this thing laminated!”

15 comments:

  1. Thanks or posting this! What a great read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, you a raising someone a wonderful life partner who can do washing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why would men not do laundry. Yes they can and they should.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing. I have considered just throwing my laundry away. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goodness.... I KNOW that laundry battle! It seems the moment the hamper is empty it is full again. It never, never ends!!!! My kids are learning to do laundry now, but at 4 and 6, I'm still head deep involved in the process of just washing THEIR clothes, not to mention my own. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laundry day sucks. I feel like it never ends though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel like we as parents go through this a lot, and you have seemed to capture this. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janeene, we do don't we! Thanks for reading!

      Delete