Sunday, January 3, 2016

SLOW STARTER

 It was turning out to be one of those days. I was sitting on the couch, playing games on my phone, when my son Alex came by and sat down next to me.
“What are you playing?” asked me.
“I just downloaded a new game called Blossom Blast.” I said as my finger dragged across the screen, matching flowers.
“How do you play?” he asked.
“I'm not really sure yet.” I said but I'd just connected eight roses and now flowers were blooming and exploding all over the screen. “But I seem to be really good at it because in a minute a little bee will come out and tell me I'm doing a great job!”
Alex just laughed. “Don't you have any real games on your phone?”
“This is a real game!” I said.
“I mean ones that don't have cartoon flowers or bees.” he asked.
“I play other games.” I laughed as I closed my flower game and held up my phone for him to see all the other apps on my phone. “See. Plenty of other games.”
Alex looked at the screen. “Candy Crush, Bejeweled and Solitaire are they only games I see.”
“I have more.” I flicked my finger across the screen showing more of my apps.
Alex pointed to one. “What's 7 minutes?”
“Oh, that's not a game that an exercise app I downloaded.” I opened it up to show him the list of exercises. “You can do all these in just seven minutes!”
“Did you download this as your New Years Resolution? He asked.
I started to laugh. “I downloaded that months ago!” I said.
“So how do you like it?”
“I haven't really tried it yet.” I shrugged my shoulders. “I can't seem to find the time.” I admitted.
Now it was time for Alex to laugh. “It only takes 7 minutes! You can't find seven minutes?” he asked.
“Well, that's where you're wrong.” I took back my phone and showed him the different sections. “They have a tutorial on how they want you to do each exercise.” I explained. “That's twenty minutes right there.” I pointed to the seventh step, triceps dips on a chair. “ I have to get a kitchen chair for this one.” I looked back on my phone. “And this one needs a low table I can step up on.” I closed the app and looked back at Alex. “I have to get all those things together and change into my workout clothes before I can even think about starting. That's more than seven minutes!” I complained.
“So why don't you get rid of the app?” he asked.
“Because I'm going to do it some day.” I argued. “Everyone says it's a great program!”
That's when the toaster dinged. “Yeah! My Pop Tart's ready!” I cried. I laid my phone down next to Alex as I got up from the couch. “I made two, do you want one?” I asked him.

He laughed as he picked up my phone. “Sure you can eat yours while you watch the exercise tutorials.” he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment